Friday, October 05, 2007

Adding Value...

I have learned so much this year and I am so grateful to the people who have helped me throughout this journey. There have been great photographers who have inspired me, authors who have shared their knowledge through their writing, and most importantly the people close to me; my family and friends.

Since I have received so much help and inspiration from so many people I want to begin returning the favor. I have heard the phrase "adding value" used often, and I want to be able to add value to this blog. I want people to come and read this, not just to keep up on my life, but also to benefit and gain knowledge. This is also the direction that I want to take my business, I want to be able to add value to people's lives.

So what exactly does that look like? Well I'm not entirely sure yet, and that is where you come in. Please let me know what it is that will benefit you. Do you want photography tips, do you want me to talk about the things I have learned while in business, do you want me to talk about books or articles I have read? Of course I will still be posting slideshows and images, I definitely want to share our wedding experiences with everyone. And I will also be keeping people up to date on my and Jessica's life.

So thank you to everyone who has been reading, it is my goal to make your commitment to reading this blog even more worthwhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being in much the same place as you guys (husband & wife team, just getting started out, ect), we'd love to see a 'lessons learned' article on your blog. 'happy misteaks' can be so vital in lowering the learning curve, and we'd be keen on hearing your thoughts. i would be happy to do the same on our blog as well and put something up on OSP forum.

warmest regards,

r. j. and nicole kern
www.kern-photo.com