Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park

Jessica and I photographed a wedding in Grand Teton National Park a few weeks ago (more pictures of that to come) and we had an extra day to drive through the parks. I've actually never been to Yellowstone or Grand Teton so I was very excited to spend some time in the parks. We really only scratched the surface of what is there, we didn't even have time to see Old Faithful erupt. I was amazed at the size of the parks and how the Teton mountains really just shoot up from the valley floor. All I really wanted to see was a grizzly bear and we were lucky enough to see one. Jess wanted to see a moose but we never did (so we definitely need to go back.)

I wasn't surprised about the number of people or development that was going on. Huge lodges, restaurants and gift shops. But there was still something cool about being in Yellowstone Park. I definitely want to go back and really explore more of the remote areas of the park. Here's a few pictures from the day...
















And of course the grizzly bear. Which was exciting even if she was on the side of the road and there were about 20 other people there.


3 comments:

Fitz said...

great stuff. we'll have to consider a trip up there next summer - although I've heard they're beautiful in the winter, too.

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos, guys. I especially like the third one (ha ha).

Erin Cady said...

That is one of my favorite areas of the country. Winter in Yellowstone is just amazing if you get a chance to do that sometime. And last time we went we stayed at these amazing cabins not too far out of Jackson. Let me know if you go up there again and I can tell you about them. I don't want to disclose our cool place or too many other people might find out about our secret spot!!! hahaha.