Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Today my parents are celebrating their 32nd anniversary (yes their anniversary is actually September 11th.) I can say without a doubt that my parents are the two biggest role models in my life; they always have been and always will be. What they have done together is truly amazing and to be happier and more in love now than in 1976 is really something incredible. Unfortunately I don't think marriage has the same importance today that it did when they were married so we feel so lucky to have two people we can look up to that have a solid marriage and life built on what is truly important.

I know for a fact that my parents have given me the ability to be a successful person. They pushed me when necessary (thanks Dad) they always loved and supported me and they gave me the confidence and faith to know that I can become whatever I want. I think those are probably the most important things a parent can do and they did it so well. I can honestly say that I've never met two more amazing people or parents in my whole life (of course I'm biased but I really do believe this.) Seeing their strong marriage and life together is so encouraging and it gives me and Jessica something to aspire to.

I could write pages and pages about the things they have done and how much I love them and how amazing they are but I will leave at this...I love you Mom and Dad.

They have very few pictures from their own wedding, which reminds me how important our job actually is. But here are a few of them 32 years ago and a few taken just a few months ago...




No comments: