Friday, February 01, 2008

The Denver Brass Concert

Jessica and I went with my family to one of the Denver Brass Concerts tonight. My grandfather was a musician and a conductor his whole life, and he was very closely involved with the Denver Brass. His foundation is still one of the benefactors and helps to fund their concerts. The concerts are always very entertaining and something completely different; there are trumpets, french horns, tubas, saxophones and trombones as well as a piano and a drum set.


I'm sure the musicians don't make very much money, they do it because they love it and they truly enjoy it. It got me thinking about what I do because I truly enjoy it? How often during the day or week do you do something because it brings you true happiness and joy? I think too often we get caught up in some of the mundane aspects of life; we forget to do things we really enjoy.

So what do you do that you truly enjoy? Have a good weekend!

No comments: