Thursday, February 21, 2008

Networking or making friends?

One of my goals this year has been to meet more photographers and create more meaningful relationships with them. It has been so wonderful to meet other professionals in the same place as me; as well as others who have been around for awhile and even those who are newer than me. We all have so much to share with each other and learn from one another; and I have been so excited to meet so many of them.

I think no matter what business you're in you can benefit from meeting others in your industry. Luckily in the Denver area we have found a great group of photographers who want to learn from each other and who just enjoy spending time together. I am so thankful that I have found this group and all of these people; they have really helped our business grow. And I am excited about the possibility of being able to return that to other photographers and professionals in the area.

So is it networking or making friends? I guess it's both, but it just seems like making friends to me.

Tim Sanders says..."Your network is your net worth."

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

rmcphoto said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. I am sure you will enjoy the 5D you have on your way. I look forward to seeing some images from it when you get it.

Anonymous said...

well said, my friend. keep up the great work! r. j. kern