Thursday, May 24, 2007

People who inspire me: Jessica (My Amazing Wife!)

I have really enjoyed writing about all of the people who are important in my life, it has been a great way to say thank you to them; but also to let me realize how truly lucky I am.

When I met Jessica, now over 5 years ago, there was an instant connection between us. Almost as if we had known each other for many years. We talked for hours on end the first few weeks we met, I was so amazed by her, and so wrapped up in our conversations that I kind of forgot to ask her out. I still feel bad about that, and she reminds me from time to time. Back to those first few days, I knew there was something different about her, something I really liked. I knew after the second day I met her that she was "the one." It's true, I could have asked her to marry me right then. We basically went from strangers, to being together forever in a matter of weeks. Of course we waited three years to get married; both of us being in school, and not having any jobs or money helped to make that decision.

There are so many things about Jessica that I love, she is so smart, so compassionate and the most selfless person I have ever met. She is an incredible teacher, not just because she knows math, but more importantly because of her dedication to making her students better. She has incredibly high standards and her students consistently live up to those standards. She has such incredible inner strength, when Jessica was only 18 she lost her mother to cancer. She had to grow up and mature at a much faster pace, and she has had to deal with things that are seemingly unfair. I see how hard it is for her to be without her mom, but she is so strong, and her strength is so uplifting. I admire her so much, and I wonder if I would be able to live everyday with the same strength if I was in the same situation.

But I think the most incredible thing about Jess is how she makes me feel about myself. She has given my life an entire new meaning, everything I do is to make US better. I want to make her happy and I will do anything to make her life easier. Jessica makes me want to be the best person I can be, it is because of her that I have been able to start our own business. Without her encouragement and without her standing behind me and motivating me I would never have been able to do it. She makes my life great, she makes everyday of my life worthwhile. It is difficult to put into words how much she means to me, but I love her with all of my heart and soul and I truly am the luckiest person in the entire world. I love you Jessica.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And now I'm crying...I love you too, babe!