Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"

Especially at our house. Jessica and I put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving (we couldn't wait) and we decorated our house inside and out. I told Jessica that someday we will have the tackiest most overdecorated house on the block; luckily she is more sensible when it comes to things like that. We both love the holiday and Christmas season, Jessica gets some time off from school, and we get to spend a lot of time with our family and friends. We don't get overwhelmed with "shopping" and we try hard to find gifts for people that have true meaning. We always try hard to remember the true significance of this time of year. It is also a great time to reflect on the last year and be excited for the upcoming year.

And yes we did put some decorations outside the house, last year we had the reindeer, and this year we have Santa to keep him company.



These last few weeks have been really incredible for me and Jessica. One thing I have learned is the importance of building relationships with other photographers. There are so many great photographers, and I can learn something from all of them; so I am very thankful that I have had the opportunity to meet and spend time with many of them. Shannon from Center Avenue Imaging hosted a get together at her house a few weeks ago and it was such an awesome time, thanks Shannon. I am also very thankful to Jenna Walker who has helped me and Jessica so much the last year. And Chris and Katie Humphreys were gracious enough to spend some time with me while they were in Colorado for vacation. I am so excited about the friendships and relationships that we are making, and I want to be able to return the generosity that so many people have given to us.

No comments: