Saturday, November 03, 2007

"Into the Wild"

Jessica and I saw the movie "Into the Wild" last night and it was amazing. It is based on the book written by John Krakauer and follows a young man who travels across the country and finally ends up living in the wilderness of Alaska for 3 months. I can't really do the movie justice here but we both really enjoyed it. The scenery, the story and the messages were very inspiring. All of the music was done by Eddie Vedder and really added to the feel of the movie. I would definitely recommend seeing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Chris and I just saw this movie, and I have to admit I wasn't really hip on seeing it, but wen along anyway. After seeing it, I really think it's one of the most beautiful movies I've seen in a long time. As an English major, I loved how well written the film was and how many layers there were to all of the themes. It was really beautiful, sad, and inspiring all at the same time.

Hope you guys are well!

Anonymous said...

So, this film blew me away. I actually read the book and saw the film all in the same day...so intense, heartwrenching and just beautiful in so many ways.

Sean Penn did an incredible job, and Emile's physical transformation and delivery were phenomenal.

If you haven't read the book, you must!