Thursday, July 24, 2008

One Light

Last week I took an amazing workshop with Zack Arias called The One Light Workshop. He taught us how to get our flash off the camera, get more creative and start using light to our advantage. He also really stressed learning our equipment and getting to understand what you can and can't do with certain things. He was a wonderful teacher and I really learned so much. We've already been using what I learned at a few weddings and on some senior portrait shoots (I'll be posting all that in the next few days.) But here are a few pictures I've created using the one light method...

We were lucky enough to have a few local photographers model for us. This is Rachael and she did such an awesome job. This picture was taken at midnight with a 1 second exposure.


Shannon from Center Avenue Imaging was also gracious enough to come out and model. Thanks Shannon!


And this is Jessica allowing me to use her as a practice subject. We're just scratching the surface of what's possible...which is incredibly exciting.

1 comment:

Erin Cady said...

ohhh, I'm so jealous!! :) haha- I wanted to go to this so badly. Now I'll have to buy you and jess dinner several times over and pick your brain about all the things you learned :)