Friday, July 11, 2008

An impromptu guitar session...

My friend Greg is moving to Denver and has been staying with us. Greg and I were roommates our freshman year of college and we couldn't have been more opposite. But we've been great friends since that year and we have really come to understand each other very well. He certainly marches to his own beat and he's definitely a free spirit. A few nights ago he was sitting on the back of his car in the middle of the street just playing his guitar (some little girl actually came up and gave him 13 cents.) I've always admired his ability to do what he loves and enjoys no matter where he is. He was playing the guitar for no one but himself and playing because he truly enjoys and loves it.

It made think about how often I take pictures just for myself. Not for money or clients or because I feel obligated, but because I truly love photography. So I took a few pictures of him because I truly wanted to and I really enjoyed it. How often do you something for yourself just because you enjoy doing it?


No comments: