Monday, November 03, 2008

VOTE!

Well today is the day and I'm kind of excited. I'm definitely ready for the election to be over but I'm excited for the new president to take over and to see what he can do. If you don't vote today or haven't even registered to vote, well shame on you for not taking advantage of that responsibility and right that we all have. If you did vote, than good for you. I dropped off our ballots yesterday, we voted absentee because the Colorado ballot was incredibly large. Numerous amendments, refernedums, presidential candidates, judges and congresspeople.

I guess by the end of the night we will know who our next president is. As I'm writing this on Monday night I do believe it will be Obama. And I am intrigued to see the direction our country will go with him at the helm. I struggled with who to vote for. I like (and dislike) many things about both candidates; so it was a tough decision. In the end I made my decision based on a lot of reading, research and time spent pondering my own beliefs and how they matched up with the two candidates.

I feel good about the decision(s) I made and the candidates I chose. I feel even better about the fact that I made the effort to vote. So who do you think will win and who did you vote for?

I'll leave you with a quote from the immortal Dan Quayle...“This election is about who's going to be the next President of the United States!”

I couldn't have said it better myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you took the time to examine your own beliefs and see how they matched up with the candidates - and I'm also glad to hear that you voted for Obama. That makes two of us. Enjoy hunting!

Andrew said...

It certainly wasn't as easy of a decision as it was for you. I like things about both candidates and in some ways I wish I could have voted for both. But in the end I feel good about my decision. Besides 2012 isn't too far away...