Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Go out and buy 1 or 2 or 5 of these right now!

Two weekends ago our hot water heater went out and produced a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide in our home. Luckily we were gone so nothing happened to us. I had a major issue with XCEL Energy which I'll talk more about later but the moral of the story is go out and spend some money on carbon monoxide detectors for your home. Put one near your gas appliances and definitely in your bedroom. It's a colorless, odorless gas that can kill you. As the XCEL worker told me "you don't want to wake up dead."

Seriously though if you don't have them in your home please make it a priority to go out and buy a few of them.

No comments: