Sunday, June 29, 2008

5 parks, the frog pool, a picnic, a concert, a bike ride, a trip to the Glenwood caverns...

Basically we did just about everything possible with a 4 year old and a 2 year old. And we had so much fun. We spent 5 days in Eagle with our family and got to babysit our nephews and play with them all day. There's few things more amazing than watching and playing with kids. They are so carefree, they laugh all the time, they find joy in the simplest of things and they always want to give you a hug. Kids are amazing at living in the moment, they forget about yesterday and couldn't care less about what's happening tomorrow. Pretty good way to live your life I'd say. Try it for a few days, try your hardest to live in the moment. Forget about yesterday and don't worry about tomorrow. Be happy where you are and with what you have. I know it's hard to do but I also know how much more fulfilling life becomes when you are just happy.

Here's a few pictures of us having fun...

Maddox was peeking out the hole in the slide.


Then all three of us decided to peek out the slide...



Maddox is kind of a chunk and his glasses never stay on.


Taylor and I rode the alpine coaster 5 times...it was 2 times too many for me.











There's nothing better than a cookie. That's me in the background and I already had my cookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really great, you guys. We really do have the cutest nephews.

Erin Cady said...

You were all the way in my neighborhood and didn't call?! Tisk tisk! ;) haha, I just gave paige a hard time for the same reason! Actually, I worked as a guide at the caverns for 5+ years- ANYTIME you guys want a private tour, you just let me know! I actually helped in the building of the trails up there and Darrell even helped unload some of those coaster parts. :) Crazy huh?! Hope you had fun up there and definitely let me know next time you're in town and I'll buy the boys Ice Cream! Not only am I a sucker for a cute kid (which is why I was a nanny) but I know all the good places to get treats in town! :)