Monday, May 12, 2008

Anna and Rob are married!

We photographed Anna and Rob's wedding on Saturday and it was amazing; we really couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Everything came together so well and the love and excitement among everyone was so evident. My sister and Anna have been friends since kindergarten so I've known her for many years and it was so cool to see her so happy. Their wedding was at Pinehurst Country Club, it was our first time shooting there and we hope to go back.

Anna called me about two days after they got engaged in October of last year and was already planning their wedding. I mentioned how wonderful it was that they started the planning so soon. And she said something that has really stuck with me, she said..."He proposed because he wanted to marry me and I said yes because I want to marry him, so there's no reason to wait."

This simple statement is really incredible because you should be excited about your wedding; in fact you should be ecstatic about your wedding. We have been so lucky to work with couples who are truly excited about their wedding and in love with each other.

Thanks Anna and Rob for allowing us to photograph your wedding day and thank you for being such an amazing example of what true love is.

Here's a few of our favorite images from the day...






This is definitely one of my favorite shots from the day.



She was getting a bit nervous right before the ceremony and her hands wouldn't stop moving.


I love watching the parents during the ceremony because they are always so full of emotion. This is Rob's mom.



This was their first private moment right after the ceremony and there was so much emotion. They were hugging each other so tightly I wasn't sure if they were going to let go.





Phoenix was quite the ham all day.




This is my sister who was one of the maids of honor looking over her toast. She found a diary entry from 1993 entitled "Anna's wedding notes," in which she had started writing her toast for the wedding. It was very cool.




8 comments:

Sara Farrar Photography said...

wow andrew and jessica!!! these are fabulous. i love the pictures of the dress and rob's mom. hope you both are doing well. your work is fantastic! congrats

Gena McMillan said...

These look so fun! You style is really coming out in these!

Anonymous said...

Really, you guys. These are stunning.

Enoch Photography said...

I love them all! B-E-A-utiful! I love the one of the bride and her hands - that one is just surreal... really great shot. //e

julia vandenoever said...

you did an amazing job capturing the emotion of the day! beautiful work.
great seeing you last night.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I have received SO MANY complements on these. Everyone thinks they're just amazing (and the slideshow is even better!) Anyway, it was SO much fun having you guys there, and I had a BLAST!

Anonymous said...

it's amazing how you can capture such a wide range of emotions. from the tears to the laughs to the tender moments in between, it's all so beautiful how you portray these emotions through your photographs. keep up the stunning work!

Erin Cady said...

So i love the sun coming through the tress and the shot with her in the doorway. I see your style just beaming through more and more at every wedding you do. It's just great work guys... awesome.