Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Plan your life in pencil."

This is one of my favorite quotes and it really describes the last year of my life. two years ago I never would have imagined I would be photographing weddings. I'm not sure what I thought I would be doing, but I know this wasn't it. Somehow though, because of a few random events, I now own my own business and Jessica and I are loving what we do.

This year has taught me to keep my eyes and ears open for all kinds of opportunities, because you never know where they will come from. I learned that you CAN live the life you want. No matter where your life is right now, you can always make it better. But only YOU can change it. Certainly there will be influential people who will help you along the way, but the decision to change your life comes directly from you.

This is the time of year when we think about our lives, we make resolutions and goals for next year. We say that things are going to be different next year. I want to tell you that things can be different next year, you can make changes in your life, and you can make them permanently. Stop what you're doing (but don't stop reading this) and think about your perfect life, think about how your life would look if it was exactly as you envisioned it. Now think about what is holding you back. Now make a plan to overcome those roadblocks to get to that perfect life, to get to a place where you are happy to be alive.

It won't be easy, and it probably won't happen overnight. But I promise that you have it in you, and when you're ready; good things will happen.

Happy New Year, and here's to an amazing 2008!

No comments: