Sunday, December 09, 2007

Colfax Cruise

I spent Saturday photographing Colfax Avenue with some great photographers. Taj put the event together and he calls it a "Photo Safari." The goal is to try and photograph as much of the uniqueness of Colfax as possible. There is so much variety in the architecture and personality of the different sections of Colfax; that it is impossible to photograph it all in one day. We are going to do this again in the spring and I am really looking forward to it.

The weather was cold and snowy which always makes for interesting lighting and pictures. These are just some of the spots that I stopped to photograph along the way.





This might be one of my favorite pictures from the day; our group eating lunch and warming up.


An interesting self portrait.





If you have ever been to Casa Bonita then you know why I stopped there. If you have never been to Casa Bonita I would recommend it. The food is some of the worst around, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it.





From left to right: Rachel, Kevin, Me, Taj and Jessica. Rachel is a photographer as well as Kevin and Jessica. Thanks for setting this up Taj, I look forward to next time.


I am going to be posting my pictures larger from now on. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

I LOVE Colfax Avenue. What a great idea to tour the longest street in Denver and capture some of its many spirits. Your shots were great...looks like fun!

Kevin & Jessica Bergthold said...

Andrew, It was so much fun photographing Colfax with all of you, thanks for coming. You pictures are great!

Unknown said...

Andew, these are wonderful shots! I'm so glad you came out for this event. Do check out www.colfaxlove.com for discussion on the next colfax cruise and post some pictures there!

Sarah said...

You have some creative angles!! :) Love the Casa Bonita shot...

And about the larger files... they take longer to load, which might cause people to leave your blog without checking out all your great photos. Just my .02.

Karie McLain Photographer, LLC said...

How fun is that! Wish I could have made it. Mmmmmm.... Casa Bonita :) LOL!