Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A short backpacking trip

My dad and I went on a short backpacking trip this past weekend near Fairplay, CO. We camped at about 12,500 feet and it reminded me that I need to get in better shape. We had quite a bit of rain, and some incredible fog that kept rolling in and out; luckily we were able to find our way back to the tent on Saturday night. Here are a few pictures that I took while we were up there...

This was the view from where we camped.


There were some cool rocks all over the place.


I'm not sure how this stump got there, because there weren't any trees around.


The fog and clouds started to roll in so we headed back to our tent.


We were lucky enough to be able to still see our tent.


My dad leading the way.


Freeze-dried lasagna for dinner, very tasty.


The view the next morning.


This was the perfect time for wildflowers in the mountains.


My requisite "dorky thumbs up" self-portrait.

No comments: