Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jealousy, Solar Power and not taking things for granted...

I'm going to be all over the place on this post, just so you're warned.

1. Jessica's birthday was last weekend and her cell phone contract was up, which seemed like a perfect time to get her an iPhone. She's had it for a week and I'm pretty jealous. A certain amount of jealousy in a marriage is healthy right? Seriously though it is pretty freaking cool, I can't believe how much you can do with it. And I can't imagine I'll be able to hold out very long before I get one as well.

2. My friend Jon (he has another blog) and I went to a solar power class tonight that was put on by the owner of a small solar company in Denver called Adobe Solar. It was really interesting and the potential for solar and other types of renewable energies is almost limitless. It's something we're both very interested in and I believe the opportunity to make renewable energy and "green" living more accessible to everyone is an intriguing idea.

3. While I was out today I met 82 year old Sam. Last year he fell and broke his femur, had a heart attack and pancreatitis all within a few months. Probably more than most people have to deal with in a lifetime, he dealt with in a few months. But he was out picking weeds today and he moved around pretty well. He told me always be glad that you have your health. His spirit was strong but was obviously weakened by so much hardship at such an old age. It reminded me that I shouldn't ever complain about a few little aches and pains. I should feel so lucky that I have the ability to go out and run 5 or 6 miles. We should all feel very blessed and lucky for what we have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha … the a single who's submitting the comments

--------------------------------------------
my website is
http://electric-drums.net

Also welcome you!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of ordering the circle series, but with the same time am uncertain if I wish to. The extract is said to increase the amount of calories one's body burns as well as increase fat metabolism phen375 health experts and nutritionists will say with proper exercise someone can actually help lose some variety of pounds per week. Feel and appear healthy - With the correct mental attitude and dedication you ought to have zero problem reducing your weight. This free set of weight loss foods will help you burn up fat considerably faster with less effort http://www.phen375factsheet.com ayurveda aur hum - how to lose weight - right diet - ayurveda video clips. Benefits of Chia Seeds and How They Can Help You Lose Weight Get Rid of Dry Skin-Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil Friend or Foe: is Dark Chocolate Good For You [url=http://www.phen375factsheet.com]phen375 side effects[/url] finally, there is one more effect being conscious of when employing a massage regimen to boost the size and girth from the penis, and it might be that jelqing seems never to actually work.