Saturday, October 25, 2008

Who's ready for November 4th?

I have to say that I'm ready for November 4th and for the election to be over. I'm ready to stop being bombarded with TV commercials and junk mail and all the lying and negativity of ALL the campaigns. I'm ready to move on and get past the election. I'm ready for the new president (whether it be McCain or Obama) to take office and start making good on all the promises (yeah right.)

I do believe the election season is an interesting time though. People who never follow politics become passionately involved. Seemingly intelligent people take completely closed minded positions on candidates and issues. Candidates who promised no negative ads create only negative ads.

I do think elections are critically important to our countries future and the individual voter is the most important aspect of that. I think everyone should vote. I don't care who you're voting for or if you're a Democrat or Republican. You absolutely need to vote. It's an incredibly important right and privilege that we have and everyone should take advantage of it. Take some time and read up on the candidates, keep an open mind, check out websites like factcheck.org and make an educated and informed decision.

And you can also head over to my friend Jon's blog and read up on the 16 different candidates running for president. Yes that's right there are 16 different named presidential candidates. Check out his site for a slightly humorous and unbiased review of all the different candidates. He'll be posting about them for the next 10 days and then will have a poll at the end.

So have you decided who you're voting for? Because I haven't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've ALREADY voted! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Obama for President!! I voted too. :-)